Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Get out there and EAT!

Alright girls. Here is something that you should know ... men like you a little "rounder," a little "healthier," a little "more to love."

Believe me. I've done a survey. I've asked around. Guys like to envision their women as a woman that is going to be strong enough to bear their children. They want them to have wider hips ... a healthy weight.

I'm not saying that they all want women that are over-weight because that isn't it at all. But they do want women that are healthy and confident in their body image.

So why do you girls think that it is OK to starve yourself? Why do you think that it is OK to not give yourself the nutrients that you need? How is this helping things?

I'm sick of not eating what I want to eat. I'm sick of skipping a meal because I think that in the long run it's going to do me some good. It's not going to do me any good. I have a bad body image, really. I look at myself in the mirror and see all of the flaws, I do.

I know that I need to lose weight ... so I go to the gym nearly every single day for about a hour. I know that I need to lose weight ... so I chose not to eat that ice cream cone.

I know all of these things. But I also know that I am not going to get down to my "goal weight" by starving myself. I'm not going to get down to my "goal weight" by not giving my body the food that it needs to survive.

So what is it girls? Do you want to be healthy ... or do you want to be skinny? Do you want to be able to have children? Or do you want to be bone thin? Do you want to eat healthy food? Or do you want to skip meals so that your bones can show through?

I hope that you chose being healthy, being able to have children, and eating healthy food. I don't think that God put you on this planet to torture yourself.

Get out there ... and eat!

(And then work out!)

No comments: