Friday, December 26, 2008
Ours was wonderful even if we celebrated a few days early. We got to see a lot of family. I got to spend a whole night with my little nephew, Kaleb. He is just the best baby! I love him so much!
I've eaten myself sick nearly every day. January 1st marks the beginning of the "diet" again. Bleh bleh bleh.
Although this is a great and wonderful time of year .. I can only wonder what this new year will bring for us. How many dear friends will we lose this year? How many people will give birth and celebrate life? What job will I get this year? Will we buy a house finally? Will we get pregnant?
2009 has so many possibilities. So what will happen? What do you think will happen in the new year?
What are your resolutions?
- No Cussing
- No Drinking (even wine!) after Feb. 1
- Lose weight (really this year ... really)
Monday, December 15, 2008
This weekend was the weekend of all weekends for my friend A.D. She is graduating (finally) in December like I will graduate (finally) in May.
We got massages done and went to the cheesecake factory. We got some drinks and had a nice time at home after wards.
But in the middle of that, there was shopping.
We went to the Galleria, which I do not recommend on any day in December. I wanted to go to this new place to get new bras because they alter them for free and they size you correctly. I am astounded by my bra size, 34 H (U.K.) ... 34 K (U.S.). Yeah.
Anyway, I got two new bras that I absolutely love. They make me look so much thinner and make my boobs look AWESOME! So then we go to V.S. (Victoria Effing Secret)
Victoria Secret has been claiming that my boobs have been a size 38 DD for years now. Mainly so that I will some how find a bra that kind of fits me I'm assuming. They never fit correctly. I explain to them that they are too tight here, baggy there, etc. And they simply tell me that that is just the way it is. So, after getting "Holistically" sized at "Intimacy," I suddenly have a hatred for this place called V.S. because it's possible that their incorrect sizing has led to my boob problems to begin with.
But that's not all. They are a bunch of hypocrites.
Those "Angels" that model all of their outfits have huge fake boobs. And yet ... V.S. doesn't make sizes for people with big boobs. And then their workers walk around with an entitled look when you ask for something in an extra large before smirking and replying "No, we don't carry extra large. We only have extra small to large."
I don't need the "extra large" for anything else except to pour my boobs into. The dress/nightgown fit perfectly everywhere else except in the boobs. So how are you going to be a "boob store" that sells sexy lingerie that girls with perfectly skinny bodies and HUGE boobs model ... when in your stores you do not carry sizes that girls with perfectly not so skinny bodies and HUGE boobs can fit said boobs into?
Furthermore, if you have extra SMALL ... how are you going to discriminate the needs of the extra LARGE?
So, Screw you V.S.
Kiss my Huge 34 K'
Monday, December 8, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! I love unwrapping presents so very much! I'm not a fan of gift bags at all! Our wrapping paper this year is "Breast Cancer Awareness Themed" It is a pretty silver shiny color with pink ribbons all over it! Aaron even likes it!
2. Real tree or Artificial? I've only ever had an artificial tree. Once we get a house, Aaron says that we can get a real one. However, I'm sure that it is going to be messy and a lot of work ... but it is also going to be AWESOME!
3. When do you put up the tree? We put it up the day after Thanksgiving. It was lighted the next day because we needed to get an extension cord. Unfortunately, Link chewed through the extension cord ... and then he chewed through the light cord. Now we are going to have to get a brand new tree for next year. Hopefully we will by a house by then ... then we can get the REAL tree!
4. When do you take the tree down? The day after new years. Aaron says that that is ENOUGH of tree time!
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Um, I liked all of the presents that I got as a child. But I guess it was probably the Topsy Tail doll I got.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Aaron
8. Easiest person to buy for? Jessica, I always know exactly what to get her!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I definitely want to get one later!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, however we aren't able to do them this year because we didn't take a good picture :(
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't think that I've ever gotten a bad Christmas card.
12. Favorite/Worst Christmas Movie? The Nightmare Before Christmas or A Christmas Story!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Since we have moved to Houston, I start early. There is no going to the malls in December ... no way.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think that I have .. but I really want to recycle this serving platter that we got that we can't fit ANYTHING in.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chicken and Sausage Gumbo!!! FOR SURE!!
16. Lights on the tree? Usually, but like I said before ... not this year since Link ate through the cords.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Traveling to Orange the weekend before Christmas. We'll have Christmas at home this year because Aaron will be working.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s? Yes, I can.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We had a bow last year ... don't have a topper this year.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? When I was younger we always talked my grandparents into letting us open them early and then we got unwrapped "santa" presents in the morning. At Aaron's parents ... we open them Christmas morning and it's wonderful!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rude people.
23. Favorite ornaments? I like silver and black ones!
24. Stockings? Yes, but I haven't put any up this year because we don't have a Chimney
25. Take turns opening presents? Yes, we get all of our presents in big piles in front of us and then we go around the room opening the gifts one by one so that we can take pictures and ooh and ahh over everyone's gifts!
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want new bras and a Charm bracelet!! And Peace and Joy and Happiness!