I like the way other people do things. Which is why I'm also making a list of movies that are my favorite. (Like Hers)
And so it begins:
My Top Ten Favorite Movies of All Time
10. Saved! - 2004 - Gosh, this movie cracks me up! I think that it's a great movie that shows the hypocracy of some religious people, with out being offending towards myself.
Favorite quote: Hilary Faye: "Mary, turn away from Satan. Jesus, he loves you!"
Mary: "You don't know the first thing about love."
Hilary Faye: [Throws bible at Mary] "I am FILLED with Christ's Love! You are just jealous of my success in the Lord."
Mary: [Mary holds up the bible] "This is not a weapon, you idiot!"
9. 21 Grams - 2003 - Although this movie bounces around the entire time and you really have to pay a lot of attention. It really shows a good view on the three main characters lives, and how one incident can changes peoples lives forever.
Favorite Quote: Paul Rivers: "How many lives do we live? How many times do we die? They say we all lose 21 grams ... at the exact moment of our death. Everyone. And how much fits into 21 grams? How much is lost? When do we lose 21 grams? How much is gained? How much is gained? 21 Grams. The weight of a stack of five nickels. The weight of a hummingbird. A chocolate bar. How much does 21 grams weigh?"
8. Crash - 2004 - This is another one of those movies that bounce around ... but it's absolutely amazing. It gives a great out look on what Racism is still doing to our country. I cry every time I see it.
Favorite Quote: Anthony: "Look around you couldn't find a whiter, safer, or better lit part of the city. But this white woman sees two black guys, who look like UCLA students, strolling down the sidewalk and her reaction is blind fear. I mean, Look at us! Are we dressed like gang bangers? Do we look threatening? No. Fact, if anybody should be scared, it's us: the only two black faces surrounded by a sea of over-caffeinated white people, patrolled by the trigger happy LAPD. So, why aren't we scared?
Peter: Because we have guns?
Anthony: You could be right.
7. Mean Girls - 2004 - I can't help but love this movie. Seriously, it's freaking hilarious and a great social experiment on high schools everywhere.
Favorite Quote: [In the girls bathroom] Short Girl: "Hey, Get out of here!"
Damian: "Oh My God! Danny Devito! I love your work!!"
6. Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 - 2003/04 - So, not only do I freaking love these movies, but I have to put these on there because Aaron and I were watching this movie when some certain words were exchanged that completely changed my history forever.
Favorite Quote: Budd: "You gotta hand it to the old girl. I never saw nobody buffalo Bill the way she buffaloed Bill. Bill used to think she was so damn smart. I tried to tell him ... "Bill, She's just smart for a blonde."
5. Moulin Rouge - 2001 - Any one that has seen this movie ... how can you not love it? It's an eye candy, beautiful, vision of Love! Aaron HATES musicals and he said that this one was really actually pretty good!
Favorite Quote: Toulouse-Lautrec: "He's got a HUGE ... Talent"
4. The Notebook - 2004 - Gosh, this movie is absolutely amazing. It's the kind of love that every one aspires to have. Something that time doesn't change ... or old age ... nothing could break that kind of love. It's amazing.
Favorite Quote: Allie: "Do you think our love can take us away together?"
Duke: "I think our love can do anything we want it to do."
Allie: "I love you."
Duke:" I love you, Allie."
Allie: "Good night."
Duke: "Good night. I'll be seeing you"
3. The Devil Wears Prada - 2006 - After my little stint working at Eileen's office, I can totally relate to this movie. Every one should watch it and then immediately feel sorry for AD ... because she lives like poor Andy every day.
Favorite Quote: Miranda: "By all means move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me."
2. Harry Potter (All) - 2001 - Continues - So, there is no way that I can just pick one of these movies that is my favorite. They are all great ... just like all of the books. Now if only I could get the people that actually enjoy the movies to also enjoy the books ... I think that every one in America would be reading.
Favorite Quote: (From "The Goblet of Fire) Harry: "Why do they have to travel in packs? And how are you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?"
Ron: "Blimey Harry, You've slayed dragons. If you can't get a date, who can?"
Harry: "I think I'd take the dragon now."
1. Empire Records - 1995 - If you have never seen this movie ... get out there right now and pick it up from the Busta. It's the best movie of all time, the one that I can literally watch all the way through and then immediately put it on again and watch it through. Over and Over again. HILARIOUS!
Favorite Quote: Jane: "Actually, his new album tested well among teenage males."
Lucas: "Jane, did you compare the percentage of teenage male Rex Manning fans to the incidence of homosexuality amongst teenage males?"
13 hours ago