As I sit here calmly writing this letter to a Tropical Storm that could turn into a category 3 hurricane by the time it makes land fall, I am sure that people are lining up at the pump and raiding their local walmart for food and water. Hell, that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now via Aaron's orders. But I just wanted to let you know that I'm not afraid of you.
Yeah, you can blow some winds and we can have some rains ... but I live up in the Northern part of Houston and I don't think that there is going to be a problem. Hell, you will probably just hit New Orleans to try and finish them off.
I'm sure it's not your fault. I blame the News for making people so crazy. All they do is track this storm. It's five days from a possible hit at the moment. You aren't even in the Gulf yet! Who knows what is going to happen ... you could see the Gulf Coast's ugly face and run for the hills for all we know at this point.
But, I have a few requests:
If you do hit the gulf coast of Texas in the Port Arthur, Nederland, Beaumont, Orange area ... here are a few things that I think that you should keep in mind.
- My grandpa is an old man. He likes living by himself and therefore, if you destroy his house ... it would be devastating.
- Amanda does not need any more relocation from a storm. Rita was stressful on Joey and her last time (what with Rita killing Joey's father and all) and they just painted their house. Leave them alone.
- Don't mess up Jessica's dad's house again. Seriously. They are going through enough right now ... they do not need more house renovations when they are still trying to pay for funeral expenses.
- For that matter don't mess up Jessica's mom's house either. They are trying to be able to sell that so that they will be able to have money for the boys. Don't mess it up ... I don't think that Jessica could take more stress.
- Aaron's parent's house had a tree fall on it thanks to your friend Rita. Don't let that happen again. Also, I know that there aren't many trees left on their property after Rita ... but Aaron will not be able to go and help them so please don't make a big mess. They have lives ... and they don't need to deal with a storm.
So do your thing. Spin your winds. Rain all you want. But take heed of those requests please.