That's the question as of today.
Aaron's job had a big town hall meeting and they are taking three of the four jobs that he knows up to Omaha where the headquarters are.
They will tell people who is going to be going on May 15th-ish and if we're one of the ones that will be going then they will buy our house and give us a small moving package and send us on up to Omaha on August 15th-ish.
If we are not one of the ones that are picked, it doesn't mean that we won't still have to go up there in October when they will probably pick another round of people. It's possible (though not definite) that these people will also get their houses bought and a small moving package.
After that ... who knows ... involuntary lay offs are definitely a possibility the boss told everyone today. If that were to happen, it'd be very difficult for us to pay for our house. And, I'd never get to live my dream of being a stay at home mom with Liam.
So, Aaron has volunteered to go this first round. It's the only way that ensures that we'll get out of our 30 year mortgage and such. So, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's based on seniority and anyone can bid on the job, even people that don't even know the job. (Which I think is complete crap ... who wants someone that doesn't even know the territory working the territory?)
I guess we'll know more in two weeks. -Shrug-
2 days ago