Monday, September 28, 2009

Liam's Playlist

I'm trying to come up with songs to start playing to Liam whenever Aaron or I listen to music. The music should be calm and soothing ... to keep my heart rate down so that Liam will know that I am in fact calm and soothed.

The plan is ... that I will play these songs to him from here on out and I'll also play it while in labor and delivery. And HOPEFULLY, it will keeps things nice and calm throughout the entire process.

I really would like to have a lot of songs (Like hours and hours worth) and right now we are sitting at 2 hours and 15 minutes. So anymore suggestions?

Here's what we have so far:

Can't help falling in love with you - Elvis
Make you feel my love - Adele
At Last - Norah Jones
Somewhere over the Rainbow - IZ
Father and Son - Cat Stevens
Sea of Love - Cat Powers
Better Together - Jack Johnson
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Run - Leona Lewis
Fade into you - Mazzy Star
Come What May - Moulin Rouge ST
Your Song - Moulin Rouge ST
Beautiful Boy - John Lennon
To Zion - Lauryn Hill
A New Day Has Come - Celine Dion
Simple Man - Shinedown
Blackbird - The Beatles
In My Arms - Plumb
Return to Pooh Corner - Kenny Loggins
Have I told you lately that I love you - Rod Stewart
Miracle - Celine Dion
Godspeed (Sweet Dreams) - Dixie Chicks
Danny's Song - Kenny Loggins
Edelweiss - Julie Andrews
First time ever I saw your face - Celine Dion
Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
Don't Cry Baby - Madeline Peyroux
With or Without You - Keane
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - John Mayer
This Woman's Work - Maxwell
Winter Song - Sara Bareielles & Ingrid Michaelson
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers

Give me your suggestions!

3 comments:

WILLIAM said...

I think you should mix in some instrumentals by Vivaldi (Four Seasons) and maybe a couple of George Winston albums.

Sarah MacLachlan has some tunes int he same vain that you have listed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDkcJ-62uuY

Unknown said...

Bob Marley because who wouldn't be relaxed listening to him! There's a baby beatles tape I used to have, it was all instrumental and pretty low key.

I went through my itunes and this is what I came up with! I know I listen to totally random music.

Beach Boys- Kokomo
Beethoven- Fur Elise
Beethoven Moonlight Sonata
Dayplayer-Caveman
Des'ree-Kissing you
Faith Hill- There you'll be
Glen Miller- Moonlight Serenade
Jackson 5-I'll be there
James Marsters-Smile
Jennifer Love Hewitt- You make me smile
Lou Wainwright- Daughter
Michael Franti-Ganja Babe
The Monkeys-Sugar Sugar
Notorios BIG-Big Poppa
The Pointer Sisters- Fire
Robin Sparkles- Sandcastles in the Sand
Shaggy-Angel
Sublime-Santaria
Beach boys-Dont worry baby
Cibo Matto-Sugar Water
Temptations- Under the Boardwalk
Journey-dont stop believing

And I know you said calming but you really need the 'do the hippogriff' song!

Anonymous said...

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are mistaken. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM.