I'm not sure if any of you have been paying attention to the news, but a few days ago (Wednesday Afternoon) a 19 year old college student from Florida died from an over dose on his bed while broadcasting it live over Jtv (Justin.tv.)
As a person who used to broadcast my life over the internet for a few months ... this story really resonates with me. I can not believe that a) he talked about this before the act occurred and no one tried to stop him, b) he laid there dying in his bed for HOURS and no one tried to stop it, c) the people in the chat room egged him on saying that he should take more pills and no one tried to stop it.
I think that the people that did that in the chat room should be accomplices to murder. That's right, murder. By not immediately calling the police they helped him commit suicide. His blood should be permanently on their hands. They should mourn his death ... the death that they could have stopped.
But they don't.
The boy, Abraham Briggs, posted his suicide note on "bodybuilders.com" before taking the pills. The people that post on that site have said things like "He was a troll, he has said that he was going to do that numerous times, that whole video is fake, EMS guys don't look like that when they come to help someone, those cops totally looked fake, No one busts down a door like that, Good riddance, this guy deserves all he gets." Etc.
Really? That is a human life that is being talked about! I just can not believe that all of these people do not think that their actions could have saved his life, or even care that their actions could have saved his life.
Here is a time line that I found on "bodybuilder.com" from a guy from India that finally got a hold of the police. He was from INDIA.
- CandyJunkie creates thread telling Misc. he'll overdose himself again on drugs live on Justin.tv
- CandyJunkie posts the amount of drugs he's going to take
- Mods don't take it seriously because of his past trolling
- People egg him on
- CandyJunkie posts a copied suicide note
- People keep egging him on
- He pops the pills and goes to sleep
- He breathes for a few hours, people think he's going to be alright and keep joking and trash talking on his JTV log.
- Some time later many people realize he was not moving.
- I find his personal details through E-detectivery, I figure out his name and number and location.
- Personal details posted on Misc. I request people to call the cops because I live in India and had no way to make International calls all by myself.
- People tell me he's a troll and nobody calls. Staberella especially is quite a huge cynic and says that he wasn't going to die on that kind of drugs, she insists nothing is going to happen and that people should just gtfo of the thread.
- I send an email to Miami Police on their official email on their website, Email not functioning!
- I call Miami Police from my dad's phone and speak to at least three cops and one person from the 911 line (whatever it is) for over 8 minutes about the situation, the people there do not take the case seriously and tell me to call the sheriff of his county, and give me the sheriff's number even after I told them I was speaking from a different country and that this was an emergency.
- I post the sheriff's number on the Misc. thread
- People tell me to quit worrying and that they're 100% sure its a loop and he's just fraudin'
-calls the Broward County Sheriff's office and speaks to them about the situation along with a couple of other people. By the time I called, it turns out 3 people had already called them about it.
- People wait for the cops to bust in on the JTV cam.
- Some people start thinking nobody called the cops, at least 5 more people call the cops, they were told the cops were on it
- 25 minutes after the first call to the cops, the cops bust in. They cover the webcam
- People speculating whether he's dead or not
- Friends post messages on his myspace worried about him, no response from him.
- His best friend posts a thread on the Misc. and informs the people that he's dead.
- Some people still think it's a bluff
RIP Abraham Biggs.
He lied there for 8 HOURS. These people watched him die for 8 HOURS. I just can't fathom that. I honestly can not believe that people did not try to get help after they watched him take the pills that he was taking. Instead, they told him that he needed to take more pills. This is the human race. I am disgusted.
13 hours ago